06-01-2010, 01:16 PM   #51
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxredna View Post
I am based in Philly - competed in the NJMP redline time attack event back in April and got first place.. Coincidentally I am posted to San Francisco for the summer so I plan to race in two more Redline Time attack events in West Coast; one of which occurred this past weekend in Autoclub Speedway Roval...

I placed 3rd in my class.. it was a tough one for me to get used to the roval and learning a new track. I clocked a pathetic 2:06 during qualifying sessions but managed to pull a 1:59 during the time attack sessions on Sunday. Competition was a lot stiffer out in the west..

I also got some help from HP Autowerks who were willing to do partial sponsorship (free labor). I plan to do a full write-up sometime this week when time permits. The car movers from Philly to Cali delivered the car 3 days late and there was absolutely no time to do my planned suspension setup with TC Kline D/A, Linear Springs, Camber Plates, etc. Only managed to switch out to DTC-70 pads and fluids.. along with my other mods from NJMP..

Yes I am running 265/35 F and 285/30 R for AD08s for qualifying. The reason why i am running high performance street tire is because it is a restriction for redline time attack and I have to run tires with wear rating above 140. The Hankook RS-3 shaved to 5/32 also gave really really good grip, but it only lasted three sessions when I did my practice.. it definitely lost its sweet spot after.. However be mindful that I am chasing the 0.5 and 1 sec of my time, so these tires are still good for 3-4 days worth of HPDE..

40psi hot for NT-05 is a little low.. Depending how hard you are driving it, somewhere between 42-45psi are okay.. I normally start mine with 36 psi cold.. and adjust them accordingly +/- 2 Psi according to hot PSI and track temperature.. try not changing them any more then +/- so you can keep track of the difference, you should also jot down in a notebook to keep track of changes for future reference.
Good stuff. Thanks and congrats on 3rd. There are a LOT of turns to learn on the Roval. I believe it's over 3 miles and about 20 turns.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0