View Single Post
      10-25-2012, 07:12 AM   #1
rxt27
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Frozen Gray E92 M3

OEM GTS exhaust + Lip + Performance Wing

When I found out that a friend's friend who is in Germany was able to source an OEM GTS cat back exhaust and OEM GTS lip, I knew that I have to grab this chance. Chances like this seldom come as we all know that OEM GTS parts are difficult to source. I have always love the sound of the GTS. IMO it sounds very sexy and exotic. It is my dream to have this sound. Last week felt like the longest week of my life as I waited for the parts to arrive here from Germany.

The parts arrived last Friday and I got them installed on Saturday. It is difficult to put into words how the exhaust sounds. All I can say is I am very satisfied with the sound. There is a deep bass in the low rpm (from idle up to 3k). Above that, the noise becomes high pitched. The sound is not very loud from inside the car. But from the outside, the volume is just perfect. Not too loud, not too soft. It has a really exotic sound. There is no droning whatsoever. This is the beauty of OEM parts. Plus I really notice that the exhaust is getting louder and better with each passing mile compared to the first time I drove away from the shop. As of today the exhaust has only gone through 150 kilometers. I fell more deeply in love with my car now. I would say that the way a car sounds makes the driving experience even more intense and enjoyable. That is why IMO I always say sound is priceless and exhaust is IMO the best investment of modding a car. Not only is it music to your ears, but also to your passengers and the people around you I find myself shifting at higher rpm and not using the Automatic mode anymore after this installation. Now downshifting is pure sex It was only foreplay before My car has DCT btw. Next up in the mod list should be Akra X-pipe and ESS tune. For now I want to enjoy this setup first.

I will post some videos once I have them. Hope you like the pictures I know I know I should change the grilles..
Attached Images

Appreciate 0