07-26-2012, 11:21 AM   #346
MrClean335i
FBO+Methanol Injection
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
Too far? I don't think so.
You cannot just place a black and white ban on unclear written rules. Or where the rules oversights. Since the regulation did not say you cannot remap the throttle and torque delivery relationship under 100%. Which mean it is ok.

This is more of the FIA saying "oh cock, how did we forget that". Then ok, here's the amendment. That's what technical working group is for.

These things happens every single year to nearly all the top teams. Mass Damper, DDD, F-Duct, Mercedes DRS-F-Duct, Exhaust blown diffusor, etc etc.

With the given rule and varies interpretation, teams constantly ask the Stewards for clarification. Of course not giving away all the intellectual pieces.
It much more complicated than that. They where still using the maps for blowing the diffuser besides the traction control. The FIA is there to keep things fair, its not that they forgot an aspect of the rule. The issue is that Red Bull is distorting the meaning to get an unfair advantage.
There is no use in discussing the matter anymore since it has already been deemed that they where doing something illegal. Of course there will always be Red Bull fans that will be blind...
Appreciate 0