07-24-2012, 04:19 PM   #334
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Sakhir M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
But one thing to point out, does anyone agree the FIA should amend the rule "mid-season"? Or they should rephrase the regulation after the 2012 season is over.

As long as the FIA doesn't make it like a confusing drama like last year's British Grand Prix. Changing regulation after P3 or Qualifying session on Saturday. Then revert the decision back on Sunday morning.
I think imposing a rule change mid-season would look like favortism to the team who 'violated' the rule. In the current 'violation', RBR is being accused (and found guilty of?) of throttle mapping in such a way that could act as traction control. Pedal-to-power ratio as i'm going to call it (PPR).

Now say FIA changes the rule to give a +/-10% PPR, then RBR currently being ~ -20% would just change the mapping to be within that +/-10%, still having an advantage. HOWEVER...if the rule did get changed, then OTHER teams have the same leeway I suppose.

IMO, see EBD last year. They were talking about changing the rule midseason but decided to let it go through until the offseason, at which time it was changed.