View Single Post
      02-11-2009, 08:20 AM   #64
kmac1980
Major
Rep
Drives: '19 540xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
I don't know where you came up with that I was arguing BMW came up with the ultimate vehicle.

You are going to hang on to the fuel economy aspect as that is all you left. However, it depends where you are making this power and how. A tune can under less throttle load produce better mileage. A tune can lean the car out a bit, allowing it to burn better the fuel it is already using. There are many variables.

Regarding cats, depends which set you remove and when you test. You CAN pass with one set of cats.
Really, you would meet the stringent California ULEV ratings? So I guess BMW just threw in the 2nd set of Cats because they had some left over in the parts bin? Kind of a 2 for 1 sale?

Last time I checked Cats were pretty expensive, and im sure if BMW could meet all of the global emissions regulations with less (and be able to maintain lower costs) they would.

And right, I'm going to mod and tune the hell out of my car so I can drive it at 40mph in 6th gear under low throttle load and cruise around sipping fuel. Maybe you should post this revelation on a hypermiling board, they may trade in their Honda Insight for an M3 with a chip

Appreciate 0