03-10-2007, 01:27 PM   #38
monsta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK42 View Post
The current 1er Hatchbacks weight 1450kg - 3200lbs. That's their strong point, combined with the 195kW/265bhp N52B30 on the 130i. The chassis and suspension are very stiff (esp. with M-sport suspension), and the chassis is expected to be even stiffer on the upcoming 1er Coupé (will be released August 2007 in Frankfurt - sales in late 2007/early 2008) - the 1er Coupé is also confirmed to start with the N54B30 as well - offering 135i. That car will seriously kick E46 M3's ass, given that the 335i is already on par with it, with more weight and no limited slip diff. The 1er Coupé and later 1er Cabrio will also be offered on the US market, only with 6-cylinder engines (excellent news as the E90/E92 3er's are not drivers cars any more like the E46 was...)

But as far as the options, the 1er is as real BMW as any other. You can get everything on it that you can on the 3er. Actually, the part commonality is over 40% as it is. Full navigation systems with all options, 3 different leather interiors, M-sport package, etc. The option list for 1er and 3er looks very similiar (and the options are also priced quite the same.)

Here's an impression of what the 1er Coupé will probably look like:

Also, there are lots of pictures of it available on the web camouflaged. It was on winter trials this winter, the same time we did the X5 tests in Northern Sweden.

It's likely that it'll be offered with the ZSG dual clutch transmission to start with.

Best regards,

Jussi

Thats going to be one (no pun intended) hell of a lil car to whip around mmmmmmm I won't be getting one but I want to test drive it :rocks:

'08 E92 M3 6MT | IB | FR | RAC RG63's | VRS Ti Exhaust | Fabspeed HFC & Xpipe
'09 X5 35d SG/SB
'11 X3 28i AW/CN/FW (wife's car
Appreciate 0