04-18-2007, 10:44 AM   #8
Carnage
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: people insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedBMW View Post
In terms of straight line performance the C5 Z06 is very similar to the base C6 Vette. Add a procede into the mix and it should be a good race, but stock for stock the american muscle is going to prevail.
True. The 2002-2004 Z06's are very similar to the current C6 is terms of straight performance. Based on multiple things I've read, it seems to be a drivers race.

One thing I have noticed is that there are alot of Vette drivers who do not understand the gearing of their cars and don't get the full potential out of them when it comes time to "have fun" w/others.

In "race" mode, at 60 mph a C5 Z06 or C6 should be in 2nd gear (you can take 1st gear to about 55-58 mph) and stay in that gear until about 85 mph, but you'd be surprised at how many Vette drivers will only drop down into 3rd gear at that speed and run. They do that based on other experiences (hell, the tranny and rear end on most cars would almost drop out if you shifted into 2nd at 60 mph) but what happens is that the car still performs good, but others come away with the impression that the car is not as fast as they thought it would be.

Not saying that's what happenned here, just an observation I've picked up as I've chatted with other Vette owners.
Appreciate 0