View Single Post
      08-30-2010, 08:36 PM   #71
DarkstarZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Daytona 95 M3, X7 M50, e92 M3,

Main post updated...

We have 40 cars coming so far which means we will need to split up into two groups; an enjoy the road group and an enjoy the road and scenery group I'd like the split to be 20/20 as I don't think these roads can handle more than 20 cars without congestion. I'll be handing out route details in case you find yourself without anyone in front of you. Due to the massive amount of cars coming, we may have to change the lunch location - I'll let you know.

I need a volenteer to lead the 2nd group. The 2nd group will consist of cars that can't corner as sharp as the M3s, the drivers just want a fun cruise through country roads, or the drivers aren't familiar with the limits of their car.

The 1st group will be led by me. I completely ignore suggested cornering speeds (which is perfectly legal). I do drive at a quick pace and I brake late and hard so drivers in this group will need to be completely focused on the road. It's important to be familiar with the limits of your car - it makes the road a safer place to be

A few rules, we don't drive more than 10mph over the speed limit on highways. There ARE cops. We wont be on the highway for very long so its not worth it anyway. If you're driving around a blind left curve, stay all the way to the right side of the road. If you're coming over a hill, stay all the way to the right side and slow down enough so that you can break in time if something is on the other side. Not following these rules will result in death - says Murphy and his law.
Appreciate 0