Quote:
Originally Posted by mlhj83
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznboi319
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlhj83
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznboi319
I went to the Dyno the other day and I wanted to see if there was any power difference in M Mode and Non M mode. I was very surprised to find out there was not any power difference. The power curves were nearly identical and the only difference was at the top end where M Mode peaked 8 HP higher. I think this was only due to the driver keeping the throttle to higher RPM. I kind of felt disappointed after finding this out. Why does it feel like the car pulls harder in M Mode? Is the throttle response really that fooling? Does M mode only occur in lower gears? It just "feels" like once M Mode is engaged that the car unleashes like ~30% more power. Even when cruising and I just hit M mode the car feels like I just opened the door to a caged beast.
What did you expect? It's obvious that M mode doesn't change the power of the engine. No where in the manual does it state that it does. BMW M has never stated that it does. No review has ever stated that it does. All you are able to alter about the power delivery, is the amount of throttle response.
I guess throttle response really does make you think like more power is present. I'm not saying that's what it says in any manual or reviews. I just "felt" like there was more power in M Mode so I wanted to see for myself.
If you read the manual, you wouldn't have needed to get it on a dyno.
Guess not everyone is smart like you and VERY few are as DOOOOOOOshie! Especially on Christmas... reallly??? Geesh...

11' E92 M3 Space Grey | DCT | ESS VT2- 625 | Gintani Race (valved) + Quad Res Catless X-Pipe | KW Sleeve's | GC Camber Plates|Arkym Diffuser | Vorsteiner VRS Lip | P3 Boost Guage | Stud Conversion
PHOTO's: Click Here ESS VT2 625 PHOTOS: Click Here
Appreciate 0