02-21-2011, 11:54 AM   #10
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: Green Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by URG8RB8 View Post
Those were the instructors I had, as well. That school really gets your head into racing. Even now, I still see braking points and apexes. I just got back onto a track in December, when I raced at the Rock the Grid event at PBIR. I almost didn't get out there, because of the rain, but I sucked it up and hit 130 on the backstretch. I would like to see what the M3 can do when the track is dry.

My wife just raced an HOD event at Miami Homestead on Saturday. I think she now "gets" why I pushed for this car over another 335i. There's an event at Sebring the week after the 12 Hr. Tempting. I think it would add more to the experience, having just witnessed the ALMS cars on the track the week before. Either way, I'm really excited about the 12 Hrs of Sebring!
Let me warn you. Once you drive Sebring in your M3, PBIR isn't nearly as exciting. I was thinking corral, definitely a better spot than prior years (used to be outside T17). But I may just head there for the week, in which case I'll be staying trackside with some track buddies.