View Single Post
      02-13-2013, 10:03 AM   #10
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
The big question is, are they worth the HRE premium over the VOLK TE37SL or TE37, or even the APEX wheel.
Definitely worth it over the Apex IMO (Apex is not in the same category as Volk or HRE). I think Volk makes great wheels and I have had a couple of sets prior to getting R43's. I would try to find them used as they all seem to trade around the same price. The only thing I ended up hating about the TE37SL's is that you can't use a center cap. Seeing my rusty hubs got a little old. That aspect would not matter to me for track-only use. You need to buy TE37's (not SL's) f you want center caps, and that pushes the price close to HRE. The nice thing about HRE is that you get to choose your size, offset, and color plus they are made in the USA. I have had great experiences with HRE. They will repair a wheel for $150 (fresh powder coat in any of their standard colors). You can't do that with Volk. You will have to find a shop to match their color which will never be replicated perfectly.
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M

Last edited by slicer; 02-13-2013 at 04:05 PM..
Appreciate 0