Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 MR "Civic" ///M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SP33DRCR View Post
Thanks. It was actually a pretty fun day--things really felt great. In terms of T2, I'm not sure how much quicker it makes the lap, but I'd like to brake at or after the #3 marker-staying flat out until them. Unlike the CarboTechs XP-12s, the Pagid 19s only seem to work well on the first couple of laps. After that, no matter how hard I mashed the pedal, the car would not slow. It actually helped (read: forced) me to trail brake, which seemed to rotate the car very well. But I had the same problem into T5, T8a, and T11. With better brakes, I could stay on the power longer in all of them.

You do raise a good point, though. And that is, as times drop at these track day events, what do you do next? Do I modify the car, and try to go even faster? Or do I keep the car totally stock and try to match Pobts' 1:42--bascially overcoming the shortcommings of the car?
What brake fluid are you using? I would try the XP20 or even the RP2 compound, you'll probably get longer life from them. The XP12 and XP16 are great pads, but wear quickly (longest was about 4.7 hours of track time).