2017 Alpina B6 GC  [0.00]
2014 535xi M Sport  [0.00]
2014 X3 3.5 M Sport  [0.00]
2011 M3 E90  [9.74]
2007 Z4 M Coupe  [7.00]
1990 M3  [9.50]
1988 M5  [10.00]
New Suspension from Bimmerworld

Some time ago I sent an e-mail to James Clay from Bimmerworld to begin discussions about upgrading my suspension to be more track oriented. To my surprise James answered very quickly and we began a detailed phone discussion over the course of two months about what I was trying to accomplish (currently 75%track / 25% street). James was very helpful and we ended up specifying a complete suspension that met my budget as well as my anticipated expectations.

I had come in contact with Bimmerworld at the Track. They sponsored one of the DE’s that I participated in - I was not only interested in their help spec’ing the suspension but also their experienced installation support. James, his Team and I scheduled a date for me to deliver my M3 to them and within 1.5 days they installed everything, corner balanced my M3 and gave me a complete suspension setting guide for street or track.

I now have about 700 street miles and two track days on the suspension and can offer a review.

1. The Motion Control Dual Adjustable suspension has 15 settings for Compression and 15 settings for Rebound.

2. You can truly feel the difference at every click of the suspension setting.

3. For the Track, in dry weather running Cups, I get good response with the compression and rebound set between 6-7.

4. For the Street, my Wife enjoys the suspension at 2-3. Me, 4-5.

5. It takes 3 minutes to adjust both front and rear settings.

6. The suspension definitely feels stiff. The ability to adjust it down to 2-3 (or less) makes it livable.

7. I was skeptical with the spring rates James was specifying but he was adamant that the dual adjustability of the Motion Control Suspension would make the M3 livable on the street but give me the response I was seeking on the track. 700 miles later, I would have to agree however you do need to tread lightly around the inner-city pot holes.

8. The sway bars and links have significantly reduced body roll. This is best experienced at the track. I haven’t begun to adjust the RD Sport Sway Bars. They were installed at the middle setting.

9. GC Camber Plates are set to -3.0 degrees on front. Camber in the rear is -2.0.

I am pleased with all of the products that have been specified and with the support and installation of Bimmerworld.

Enclosed below is a list of the products that James Clay specified.

Also enclosed are poor cell phone photos.

My sincere thanks to James Clay / Jason Marks from Bimmerworld and to M3SQRD from M3post. M3post is an awesome place to learn from others and M3SQRD was exceptionally helpful.

Chris

Parts Specified:

1. Helper Spring Guide Set - 2.25"
2. Hyperco 2.25" Helper Spring Set
3. Torrington Bearing Kit
4. Special Item (PN / Description: Rear Spring Adjuster - E9X M3)
5. BimmerWorld Strut Mounted Adjustable Swaybar Links Select Adjustment Range (Inch): 10 - 11.5
6. Special Item (PN / Description: GC E9X Street Plate, MCS, 2.25")
7. MCS (Motion Control Suspension) Remote-Reservoir Damper Sets
Model: E9X M3*; Adjustments: 2-Way (Coilover Rear*: No; Spring size (2.5", 2.25", or 60mm): 2.25
8. MCS 1M/E9X M3 Strut Adaptor Sleeve
9. Hypercoil 2.25" ID Coilover Springs by Hyperco
Select Free Length: 6"; Select Rate (lb/in): 650
10. Hyperco Spring - 2.5", 60mm, and Special Order
(Spring: 8", 2.5"ID, 900# - 188B0900)
11. Powerflex E9X 3-Series and E8X 1-Series Rear Shock Mount
Select Shock Shaft Diameter: 12mm; Select Durometer: Black 95A (Track Use)
12. RD Sport Swaybar Kits Car Model: E9X M3
13. Special Item (PN / Description: Macht Schnell EDC Emulator
Attached Images

ESS VT-1 550 | M24 Oil Cooler | Fall Line Half Cage | RaceTech 4009W | 6 pt Harness | Lifeline Zero 360 Fire Suppression | Rear Seat Delete | Motion Control DA Dampers w/remote reservoirs | 900/650 Hyperco Springs | RD Sport Sway Bars | Brembo 380 BBK | GC Camber Plates | Hoosier R7 | Eisenmann Sport | Stack Gauges | Painted Challenge Front Lip | Painted ZCP Rear Spoiler | Xpel Ultimate Film | LuxAngelEyes
Appreciate 0