View Single Post
      12-01-2011, 10:08 AM   #13
Twinbo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ateam View Post
Please don't put a corsa on a bmw. If it worked on your f150 than do the opposite for your bimmer. Magnaflow and corsa are for american muscle in my opinion.

My .02 on what you should do

-BMC drop in filter-provides a great sound and maybe 1-2hp
-OEM black/chrome grilles, side gills and exhaust tips (if you keep your muffler you could do the OEM exhaust mod) these tips look great
-M performance exhaus or akra slip on or like I said OEM mod which is signifigantly cheaper. These are the only exhausts that will probably keep your family happy.
-Gloss black hood vents

Remus makes a nice sport exhust and so does eisenmann but they are no louder than stock, only deeper so to me that is a bit of a waste.

This would be slightly over budget but a nice set of mods. It is what I did ironically !
This is poor advice. Corsa makes a great product that has zero drone. It is not the prettiest and I have heard it doesn't save much weight over stock, but for the price it is a great system.
With $3500 I would look at the following systems:
- AE Performance
- Corsa
- Remus Sport and Race
- Check the Classified section for used systems from Eisenmann, Active Autowerk, Akra, Gintani.

If you go to the Sticky section there is a great thread that has most of the exhaust systems listed with videos.

With the $ leftover I would go drop in filter (BMC, AA, AFE) and IND cosmetic package (grills, gills and painted reflectors).

Cheers and post pictures
Appreciate 0