View Single Post
      07-27-2011, 05:16 PM   #6
Echo M3
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Sorry it took me so long to reply. Thanks for all the advice, I really appreciate it.

Goal is just to get into shape and moderately bulk up and get some tone into my muscles. I have a BMI of ~20 with little to no muscle, so you can tell that I'm pretty damn skinny. It's probably too early to put numbers to it, but I'd like to gain 20-30 lbs of muscle.

I'm about 1.5 months into this thing, doing it at a pretty leisurely pace (I hit the gym 3-5x/week).

I've split up my workouts into two separate days:

Day A: Back/Biceps/Quads/Gluts -> this means squats, bicep curls, triceps, rowing, lower back, and a Glut exercise that someone taught me (leg lifts is the name?). I'd like to add deadlift but I'd like to have someone walk me through it in person first.

Day B: Chest/Shoulders/Abs -> that means bench press, chest press, crunches

On top of that, I run 20 minutes (2-3 miles) or bike 1 hr outside (battery park to GWB and back) before each workout.

So far, progress is good. I've gained about 5 lbs over 1.5 months, which appears to be all or mostly muscle. I'm also trying to combine it with an effective diet: turkey or chicken for dinner, pasta or sandwich for lunch, no sodas, no booze, fruits + cereal as snacks.

I'll just add that I've skipped calves/lower legs for now -> my gastrocnemius is pretty solid since I've been running for the past 6 or 7 years and used to play bball.

Any more suggestions, folks? Anything I should add or remove?

P.S. - You're right Bill, Bodybuilding.com is a great resource. Helped me correct my form
Appreciate 0