View Single Post
      11-28-2007, 05:15 PM   #38
13eastie
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 M3

Garage List
There is not a single objective measure in this "article". The whole thing is just opinion. And, in the absence of any facts, opinion is just a nice word for subjective BS.

To compare a car only to one's "hopes" is just a stupid way to produce a review. Comparing the car to one's own hypothetical best estimates can only go one way. They don't even say what they were "hoping" for. "I hoped my car would feel like a Ferrari, but it doesn't, therefore the M3 is lame"?

To qualify a comment with a phrase like "Engine aside" is ridiculous. This is the car's best and most important feature.

Quote:
Flying capability aside, Superman's costume looks gay.
See what I mean?

I can't believe I'm reading more comments about the seat height... this is just nonsense. There is no problem at all with this and the seats are wonderful.

The fact is that this car significantly outperforms its predecessors and the rest of the 3-er cohort. It matches the current 911C2S and beats the RS4 around the 'Ring. It makes everyday driving a pleasure while still being very practical.

If you had ten cars, this is the one you would probably use most often. Everyone knows by now that the steering is different to most sports cars and it's not to everyone's liking, but as an all-rounder, it's a very good car.

It all boils down to unrealistic expectations. All told, it's the best generally available 3 series made to date. And that is enough.
Appreciate 0