John
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 M3, '18 S560, '16 G63

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3an
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarThaL View Post
The point is that with all of life's real circumstances, how often would you even ever get to enjoy your toy. Hardly ever. It would kill me to own such a car and find myself always having to say "I can't take it here, I can't take it there, etc, etc." Hence the notion of the fantasy being better than the reality.

this is a silly statement and a new Gallardo or even used f430 are acutal quite capable, reliable daily drivers and nothing like the past l and f cars
I don't think he meant "I can't take here, I can't take it there" as in terms of reliability but more in terms of not wanting to shoulder the burden of let's say having to park in the city or in the bad side of town.

Op, all I can say is I am glad I went with the M3 instead of the r8. I don't care about gas mileage or gas fill-ups but it has been incredibly annoying to have to fill up the gas tank every 2-3 days as opposed to every 5-7 days in my 335. It's not about the money at that point but more about the inconvenience. Can't imagine having to fill up every 1-2 days if I had to DD an exotic. Definitely better as a toy.

Current - 2012 AW/FR E92 M3 | 2014 AW X5 | 2015 MB S550 | 2016 RR V8 (White FTW)
Mods - BPMTune Stg1/Servo, Euro Visors & Side Mirror, IND Gloss Blk Pkg, OEM Perf. CF Trim/Spoiler, Grills, Lights, Pedals, Umnitza V4 AE, ModeCarbon GTS V1, 19" HRE P40
Sold - 2008 BSM/Black E92 335i
Appreciate 0