View Single Post
      08-19-2011, 11:43 AM   #17
nuzey
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
I can understand the frustration for sure but things like this should really to be expected with a tune if the dealer is servicing the car. Not that it will be an issue every time (because it wouldn't be) but it could be from time to time. You are probably lucky they didn't find the tune and then you would have warranty issues. Like I said before, I have been told by very reputable tuners that if BMW suspect a tune and decide to investigate, they can find any tune. In your case, they didn't investigate which is great.

Another option would be Evolve or ESS. You could get their remote tuning tool and switch back and forth yourself before going to the dealer. This way, the dealer won't see a tuned ECU and you can put it back whenever you want. Having said that, the guys from ESS and Evolve have also said that the dealer could potentially discover the car had been tuned because the OEM redline or other items have been exceeded. Nothing is guaranteed but at least with these two companies the risk is greatly mitigated IMO.
I agree with you. I won't likely be using any tune for now. I'll see what Mike has to say.