View Single Post
      04-12-2007, 08:43 PM   #53
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
Rep
Drives: '03 E46 330Ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhbhaat View Post
Do they teach reading comprehension in publik skool anymore?

I, too, would like to know what you accomplish by double parking in a deserted lot - other than broadcasting your inflated sense of self-worth to the rest of the world and attracting precisely the sort of attention you'd prefer to avoid.

On another note, I'm tired of people who act like their 3 series is a classic Duesenberg. The world is not out to get you and your precious "bimmer." Most people don't care and won't notice. The badge isn't worth as much as you think it is. It's all rather amusing: I bought a 3er for a daily driver because (among various other qualities) it's a relatively mundane and unassuming car and I wanted to fly under the radar. Maybe I was spoiled in my youth, or maybe I'm just cynical - probably both - but I don't see the 3er as being a special car. So far, my experience reinforces this fact: the car has been with me for seven years, and has been parked and left in all manner of places both public and private, and it has yet to be deliberately vandalized. There are some dents, yes, some small scratches, but these things are unavoidadable.

I'm also tired of people who obsess over the condition of their daily driver. Don't want dents? Rock chips? Scratches? Don't drive it. Leave it under cover in a garage, or a warehouse, like my father does with his collection of classic show cars. If the weather is just right, and you're feeling a bit brave, well - maybe then you can bring it around the block a few times. Oh, and watch out for those sprinklers!

I guess you don't care as much about your car as the rest of us.
Appreciate 0