View Single Post
      11-05-2012, 08:54 PM   #16
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munit View Post
I don't understand people who don't want to daily drive their m3. I feel if that is the case, maybe you could not have really afforded it in the first place. Why would someone want to spend the majority of their day driving in a beater? I love my long commutes in my m3 and then also using it for fun. Miles are miles, big deal. If you are worried about gas mileage for a 20 mile commute than probably this was too much car for you.

Not sure I even get the question as it does not make much sense.
There's a good reason to have a beater.
1) He mentions he has a dog. I've got a Labrador that sheds like crazy. He doesn't ride along that often, but when I do, I hate that he's in my mint interior. I have trained him to sit on the floorboard though
2) Right now, my E30 is out of commission while I work on it. If I drove my M3 downtown and had to leave it overnight, it'd be lying if I told you I wouldn't worry about my car.

Sure it's "only" a car, but it's a car that I plan on keeping for double digit years if I can. Nothing wrong with splitting the mileage with another car if you can afford it. Besides, when I think beater car, it doesn't necessarily mean it has be a beat up Honda Civic.

Personally I was looking at E38's (ok so this prob won't fly), an E39 Touring, a Subaru Legacy GT wagon or a Volvo V70R. They are no M's, but hardly Hyundai Elantra boring either.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0