06-05-2013, 09:21 AM   #24
Minefield
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Car

Stop trying so hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaMaster14 View Post
Snobbish, really? I honestly had no ulterior motive, and I still can't see how I would come off as snobbish. I would assume that people spending $30,000 - $100,000+ on a car wouldn't find $90 expensive for a premium phone case, especially if they were into that sort of thing. It's actually quite middle of the road for what is out there for the iPhone and Galaxy; I mean even a basic case from Verizon/AT&T can cost $25-$50 nowadays.

I was trying to promote what I thought was an awesome case for car enthusiasts (that is their target market, and considering they are selling out left and right, I guess they've hit it...)

Sure, if the case thing isn't for you, that's great, but it wasn't my intention to 'show off' that I could afford a $90 case for my phone... I just like dressing up my devices; definitely not where most, or even a noticeable amount, of my money is going... just something I thought I would share with the community.

I'm sorry if I sound defensive, I was just taken a bit aback... I really can't figure out how this would be a snobbish thing to post on a BMW forum...
If someone was into cases, they would buy premium, like someone into cars. You have a BMW because you want the performance with the finesse, luxury and comfort. Just like I don't want just another black rubber case.

And nobody can convince me that a car is not a statement. Henry Ford figured it out and started a revolution. If we really just wanted to get from A - B we would be all driving similar looking vehicles, stripped down, with low horsepower, air condition and a radio....
Appreciate 0