gblansten
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 23 Tesla S Plaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmcclane
Quote:
Originally Posted by late apex View Post
I can't help but find it funny how the vast majority of those who have a problem with Active Sound are those who have no experience with it. Most who have cars with active sound don't have any issues because it's such a non-intrusive system you forget about it.

But I guess that's what the internet is for... so you can post as though you're an expert on something you have no experience with. Same people who have issues with Active Sound, but have never heard it can also tell us why they hate being a F1 driver and why they don't like the flight dyanmics of a F-22.
I would say most people, which are want a raw, sporty car from BMW that can be used for daily driving as well, want to hear the real engine sound and no active sound crap. I am not talking about posers and badge whores. I don't care if the ASD sounds good, if I only want a big heavy fast gran turismo car, I'd also take the M6, especially the Gran Coupe which are both very beautiful cars.

But when we are talking about the M3/4 and M2, there should be only real sound, these are the cars for the enthusiasts.

It's about the principle too, I will not accept this and turn it off anyway, but I want that BMW focus on real sound during the development. And I'm not the only one.

Most people don't know it so there's no problem for them, but if they would know, there would be one. It's ridiculous to say the car does sound so good when it's just recorded.

When we only got electric cars to choose from, then nobody will say anything against it, but now we are happily far away from that.
Really well stated.
Appreciate 0