View Single Post
      05-18-2012, 01:53 PM   #108
e1000
that's what SHE said!
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
Yes, when you play it against the post above. On it's own without the above post, then you would have a case. Not a big deal anyway even though you are trying to make it one.

I know you have a huge beef with EAS. I can completely feel for you in regards to vendors not treating you right. But trying to make any issue that has their name in it into something that it may or may not be really isn't needed.

People agree and they disagree. In this case the majority seem to disagree with you on this topic. No biggie, just take it as it is.
Let's take a trip in the wayyy back machine....

My first post stated that I too thought the spacer only failed due to failure of the bolts. You seem to think it's perfectly ok that EAS/MS resells them, but apparently since they may or may not manufacture them, completely gets them off the hook for any QC concerns.

Now, fast forward and we see more evidence that EAS/MS has had QC issues with spacers as well.

With all this said, can you honestly say you would run EAS/MS spacers on your own vehicle, even if it's just for daily driving purposes?

Beyond what my feelings of EAS or Macht Schnell may be, these are facts. Yes I may have bias against EAS or MS, but that doesn't mean I can't be objective. Truth is, they make an inferior product, and to use your logic, the end customer can have no faith in the bolts they supply, and at best only questionable faith in the strength of the branded spacers.