View Single Post
      09-23-2013, 03:28 PM   #116
Wendall
***Major MammelToe
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 SG coupe

Just Visited Lang Racing

So, I just went to Lang Racing to talk with Andrew Lang and Calvin. Lang Racing is a highly legit shop. They are a full on race shop. I spoke to Andrew about S54, S65 and S85 engines and each engines specific problems. Andrew was very knowledgeable and showed me several engines that were being rebuilt due to thrown rods.

I have not seen another BMW/Porsche shop with as many engine builds going on. He told me that he is primarily an engine builder and he like to make his own products instead of reselling others. Andrew and Calvin were really cool and I loved the shop.

The shop had one race E30 M3, an older 944 porsche that was being race built, a 964 Porsche with a 3.8l stroker and a few E46s and e36s. These guys are serious mechanics. The shop was loaded with engines, diffs, transmissions, and prototype carbon fiber parts (brake cooling kits, and aeroparts).

Andrew normally targets the really race/track fanatics but they are also increasing there services to forum enthusiasts.

Andrew is gonna do some more research and will try to find a better and more permanent solution to our S65 rod bearing issues. He is gonna try to get custom made clevite bearings mass made to help the S65 community.
E92 M3 SG DCT - AA Filter, Verstraβe Paddles, ECS SS, MH race stud, Stoptech BBK, MR Exhaust,RE Pulley, BPM Tune,Euro bumper and GTS lip, Euro MDM & DCT, KW CS, Recaro PP, TMS Soild Diff Mounts, MRF solid subframe mounts, GTS aero, RPM track built motor.

Appreciate 0