02-16-2008, 06:03 PM   #5
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRGOO7 View Post
The M3 was a bit of a disappointment in the power department. We started off by giving it the gas in second around 50mph and were disappointed with the grunt of the car. Once you get over 6000RPM the exhaust is truly blissful. I LOVE the fat steering wheel they put in the car its perfect. My 335 honestly felt faster. Before going for a ride in the car I was ready to go order one, after going for a ride in the car I still want to order one but not nearly as much as a did prior to it. I felt it would have so much more power than it actually felt like. My dad agreed as well and thought it felt like it was laking power but was thrilled by the throttle response. The new M3 is a fantastic car IMO but wish it had more power.
I am having a problem with some of your comments, if you had of said the M3 didn't feel as strong as the 335i at 25~30mph in second then I would have agreed but starting at 50mph in second gear equals 6000rpm and at that point the M3 pulls like a bloody train and way faster than the 335i. This sounds like another one of those argument/debates about to start up once again.
Appreciate 0