View Single Post
      11-09-2011, 06:46 PM   #42
RuthlessE90
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: FAST

This topic I've been thinking about for the longest. coming from the jdm side if things I've done a few motors swaps in my time my last being a ls2 in my 97 240sx with complete drive by wire. The list that IMg posted come on dude really 70k?!?!?. If the op has to pay someone to remove the motor out of this own car this thread should just be closed... This swap can be done for 30-35k or maybe more depending on your fab skills. And how much ecu managment etc cost. Now the problem with this swap is the computer stuff vanos etc. Headers, radiator, and motor placement will be tight but not the hardest part of the swap. My question is how many engine management systems.... Stand alones etc can work for a swap like this ? any who makes them. I hear BMW Motorsports makes a standalone that's about 10k. So between engine and computer approx 20k and another 15k for the rest of the swap. Its my understanding that the 6mt from the s65 mates up nice with the s85. F flappy paddles !!!!! Manhart racing has done this swap why would they even do this if it cost 70k. That's enuff to buy another m3.