View Single Post
      11-07-2011, 10:36 PM   #39
Ateam
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

I was somewhat exagerating regardin doing it for the sound alone. I do really think the sound is not beatable unless you go exotic and I have heard every combo the m3 aftermarket has to offer and I am not saying many do not sound good but they just to not have the F1 shriek of the m5 which I know many do not like but I personally love.

To be honest the m3 is a bit underpowered if you really want to have a contender against a lot of cars out there in terms of pulling power and straight line speed. Not saying everyone feels this way but I think 500hp is a perfect m3 number.

For me it is more about having fun and having a project to do that is unique and would be something I could hang onto for a long time since it would be the last V10 probably ever produced by any car maker in naturally aspirated form.

Something about having a v10 as well. Its one of those things on the bucket list to just have the feeling every day of v10 at your disposal. I had a very hard time deciding between a used m5/m6 and an m3 but at the end of the day I am a bit weak and really love new cars so those were out unfortunately. I wish they had kept building them even a year longer. But I went back and forth.

Anyway I am not saying this is the most cost effective way to get power or the best way to spend money but I think a lot of m3 owners would agree that this would be one of the best projects that anyone could think of with this car.
Appreciate 0