View Single Post
      05-04-2011, 04:56 PM   #20
C00kedG00se
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Garage List
Sebring looks really bumpy. Did you feel the steering wheel chattering over the expansion joints in the corners?

Absolutely in the corners, especially turns 1 and 17; they are very bumpy and you are changing road surfaces several times.... Turn 1 is especially high speed and once you are planted, even before the apex, you are full on the throttle and you feel the car almost skipping sideways as you accelerate toward the track out point... definitely you build up to that because it takes a lot of trust.

I know Sebring is an old airport course. A couple of the turns looked like vast oceans of concrete, like you probably felt like you were in no-man's land.

Yes, but it is trouble outside of the preferred line... there is nothing but loose rubber, old car parts and dead bodies out there... if you go out there with any speed and you are toast

The yellow NSX that you passed looked like it had a lot of body roll in the corners. Did it look that way to you, too?

Honestly, I didn't look... I was too busy picking up my apex and keeping my eyes down track, however, I don't think body roll is that big of a deal... you really want the weight on those outside wheels in that turn.

You blew past the 911 at the end. Did he point you by because you were faster or was he having trouble and slowing down?

He gave a point by... He was a little timid I believe... I was in the novice run group and I might have been a little more experienced then most out there, but if I went up to the intermediate group, there probably would have been plenty of Porsche's blowing by me (come on, the TTs and the GT3 RS are insane)...

Looks like it was fun. The sunny conditions made me jealous--I just got back from rain, fog, and 45deg at Watkins Glen.

Definitely a track you should put on your bucket list... What a blast. I hope to make it up to Watkins Glen in September with Chin Motorsports... The elevation change will be a real challenge

I'm just looking for a little tickle in my trousers...

'11 M3 Coupe /// Hellrot Red / Rust Brown Interior / Black Piano Trim
Appreciate 0