10-21-2011, 11:22 AM   #130
checkmate
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW M3 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine View Post
It seems hard to get you to even acknowledge the potential of past Skyline GT-Rs, and with this I am done. The point is, for it's lineage, the GT-R is not breaking into 'amazing' territory.

Arrogant, no no no; arrogance is the GTR owners trolling the M3 forums with little or no understanding of the history of the Skylines. I get it, you guys own GT-Rs, but the way you wear it around these forums like it's some badge of honor is arrogance.

What I would have expected in response to this thread is, something like at the launch of the GT-R companies like Cobb tuning went to work to extract this type power, and were capable of attaining these gains...these 2011-2012 numbers should not be shocking to owners in the 'know' or even people who know and followed the Skylines of the past.

Yet kudos and praise are thrown around like the Nissan engineers cracked some secret code.
The GTR is an epic car and as such the feat of Nissan engineers should never be discounted. As much of a M fan as I am-what GTR is and represents is a sledgehammer to all the blue blooded european aristocracy. It represents what Asia can do when given a challenge. The GTR is Japan's way of saying-Bring It On!!
Appreciate 0