View Single Post
      11-03-2009, 06:02 PM   #20
Genericuser1
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3 Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by miktrebla09 View Post
Also, from what I understand, launching with the porsche pdk can be done repeatedly without much stress on the tranny and it will NOT void the warranty...

http://www.examiner.com/x-25756-Phoe...DK-First-drive

"...
When Stephen Schwartz was explaining this feature on the PDK my first question was “how many times can you use it before you either fry the clutch or void the warranty”? Stephen said that since the PDK uses a wet clutch transmission it can withstand repeated use and will not void the warranty or cause excessive wear on the clutch. He went on to describe the PDK in the new Panamera Turbo that they had been receiving their sales training in at Firebird Raceway. Stephen said that the car had over one hundred launches in the two days and the one hundredth launch was just as smooth as the first."
That's pretty impressive. Not that you would use it all that often but it's nice to know a car has a feature and it actually intends it to be used (cough, GT-R, cough)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffnbluff View Post
True, if you're paying $130k you should be able to launch it routinely and have it make you a sandwich afterwards.
After 3.3 seconds to 60 I'd want it to change my shorts for me.
Appreciate 0