12-14-2007, 11:16 AM   #42
carnuts3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 535i

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
I agree that colour is important but to deny you the car you want.

I can only assume that you really aren't that caring on which car you drive as long as the colour is right.

Maybe South's Youtube link is a good call.
I didn't realize that I would raise all this ire by my comments about color. In an attempt to clarify: After researching and test driving the cars on my short list (i.e. at this stage - M3, RS4, C63 and CTS-V), if I end up undecided between two, then color -more than price (within reason) or brand loyalty - will determine which car I end up buying. But, having said that, for me. color is more than just the tie breaker. In fact, I'm willing to make some trade-offs for the right color. For example, if I had to choose, I would pick color over 19" wheels, M-Drive or DCT. I would also choose color over "slightly" more responsive steering or "slightly" better handling , or a "slightly" better track time, or even "slightly" better styling. But, of course, in the end, I'm not going to sacrifice the right car for the sake its color. But, from what I've read, I expect that I'm going to have a tough time choosing between these cars...and if I do, then color will be an important part of the overall package in determining my ultimate choice... I hope this helps clarify my position.
Appreciate 0