04-10-2014, 11:59 PM   #325
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swashplate View Post
Well my cuff links are made of watch movements.

Ha fair enough. Yes. Agreed on the automatic argument, choices are rubbish. Also I had a 39mm omega speed master and I hated how small it was.....
Now those would be some cool cuff links and far more worthy of a pic as they're something one doesn't see in pics all over the place. Did you have them made or are they readily available for sale? If the latter, who's selling them? TY for sharing.

Along a similar vein, several watch companies offer cuff links, unfortunately, the ones that do charge prices no less insanely high for them than they do for their watches.

Patek Philippe

Fonderie 47

Richard Mille

Piaget

Personal Pet Peeve:
Pics of folks wearing their [insert whatever recent production watch you want]. It looks just like every other one I can see in a store or on the web. As I said, it's just a personal thing with me because I know what a great many watches look like and wear like. Their X looks just like the tons of other ones I've seen, worn or tried on. I did notice someone one here was wearing a Smurf and that prompted me to inquire if it was one of the limited distribution/production steel smurfs (the current one is white gold), but aside from that sort of uniqueness, I'm sort of "meh" about watch pics. But hey, it's not my server space and Lord knows my long posts occupy plenty of server space, so I can't and won't gripe about folks' using their share of space and posting their pics.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0