View Single Post
      03-04-2014, 06:07 PM   #314
Swashplate
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: in Anger.

Garage List
Well I am considering buy new from a non AD as the price differential from new to used is 500 and thats peanuts at this price point. If i did buy used it would have to be in mint condition.

Would you worry about not buying from an AD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
YW

I suppose too that if you are adept with and have a camera with which you can take a good macro picture, you will have a record of what the movement looked like before they serviced it.

Note too that if the used watch is sold with recent (past one to three months) servicing documentation that has details, particularly those pertaining to chronometer/accuracy measurements, you won't need to demand servicing prior to taking delivery provided the watch was in the seller's possession from the point of servicing until when you buy it. Just saying that so you know to bother to find out just what the status of the watch and its service history is before you start haggling on price and terms of the sale. It won't do you any good on price to show that you value highly something which you'd get regardless of what you pay. Doing that would just give the seller an additional lever to use against you in keeping the price higher as you are trying to get the price lower.

All the best.
!!! BOILER UP !!!
Appreciate 0