11-10-2009, 07:38 PM   #70
alms21
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 GT-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLud View Post
No doubt the Cayman S can do more with less because it is a lighter and more nimble car. However, the CS still felt underpowered and uninspired to me because quite simply Porsche has intentionally made it so. The new CS is better in this regard, but still doesn't have the top end kick that the M3 does. And of course, I agree with you that the Cayman S would be a world beater with the 997.1 or .2 S motor, but we're comparing actual, not hypothetical, cars here. Lastly, the reason for the improved acceleration times of the new Cayman S is the PDK, not the relatively modest increase in power output.
100% accurate. I had an '06 CaymanS and it is without a doubt the best handling car I have ever driven. However, it is extremely cramped for anybody bigger than a horse jockey. I am 6'1" and 195 lbs and I needed a shoehorn to get in and out of it. The HP/TQ was the big turnoff for me. No way in hell is that car as good as an E92M3 in terms of functionality, power, interior appointments, etc. It is a better handling car with better connection from road to steering and that's where the improvements over the E92 ends. The CaymanS would make a nice track car. It, in no way shape or form, is "Daily Driveable"
Appreciate 0