View Single Post
      02-01-2012, 08:31 AM   #17
dhahlen
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e30 318is, e90 335i, e92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_of_Persia View Post
It is a fair deal IMO. Glad it worked out man.
If it was me, I would get them to repair it and I would pay the extra 30% for a mod or something.
GL with your decision.
I have heard stories regarding their body / paint work from other locals and employees / friends. I can't say I'm comfortable having them do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf-Dieter View Post
If the dealer is a BMW dealer (and I assume it is) I would have them do it and make sure you accept nothing less then 100% repair to restore original finish and paint match ... also make sure it does not affect your warranty whatsoever. Why should you pay the other 30% it is not fair in my book.

Get the "does not affect warranty in writing" from the dealer especially if it should be a leased car.
I agree Rolf, I shouldn't have to pay anything. They're offering to fix it, meaning nothing out of pocket. However, as I previously mentioned, I can't be sure what I am going to get with the body shop. A few days repair could turn into weeks if I have to argue that it doesn't match correctly.

Looking at it this way, if someone backed into my car and took off, I wouldn't get anything. Paying 30% sucks, but I know and trust the body shop doing the paint work. I could try and negotiate the price a bit more with the dealership, express my thoughts in a professional manner, and see what they say. Worst case they say we have to repair it, best case they offer more money. I am not trying to pocket or make a profit, simply cover the loss as close to 100%.
Appreciate 0