03-24-2009, 09:49 PM   #2
M3Gator
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 Coupe DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johndoe View Post
music playing...09 M3/ new I Drive...suddently music stops- replaced by an ear-exploding loud buzzing sound (thought my speakers would burst)....volume knob etc do not function....7 to 10 seconds later, sound goes away, I Drive back on and music starts playing where it left off...?? no issue on driveablity...but the sudden ear-bursting sound could easily cause an accident or give someone a heart attack....

went to dealer for diagnostic fault code read...could not wait long but they took the codes and will investigate...i will be taking the car back in a couple of weeks...dealer did not find anything at the time and said they would followup with BMW....2nd time this has happened within the first 1600 miles,....maybe a faulty hard drive...I like the 09 new Idrive but this issue is bogus and a safety risk...really makes you wonder if BMW over-engineers the cars with electronic crap without adequate testing/ quality checks...if dealer cannot fix this, will escalate to BMW as this is a safety risk that can cause a crash...let alone I will go deaf if this keeps up...
I have only 500 mi on mine. Similar thing happened to me last friday as I was parking and turned the car off. Radio was playing. As I turned the car off, I heard the same "shrieking" noise from the speakers. Only lasted about 1-2 sec. But it scared the sh.. out of me. Has only happened the one time and luckily I wasn't driving when it happened. Hoping it was just a freak, one time episode.
Appreciate 0