Drives: BMW 3

Garage List
1996 320iT  [0.00]
2003 M3  [0.00]
2006 325i  [0.00]
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theodore View Post
Bumping an old thread because it appears to be the most appropriate place for my post. I just installed my brand new PFC Direct Drive V2 Rotors (part #'s 357.062.85 and 357.062.86) yesterday and I'm very disappointed to report that I too am experiencing a new vibration in the front wheels from about 75 MPH and above, without braking, just driving. I sent an email to the company from the "contact us" section of their website. I'll post back their response for anyone else considering these rotors. For those who received warranty replacements, did the replacements fix the issue?
A vibration at speed without braking isn't a rotor problem. You could try several more things to diagnose - lightly apply brakes while driving and see if it changes the vibration. The only way this could be a disc-related vibration is if they are significantly out of balance and that is just something I have never seen on the PFC - or really any BMW rotor. I would anticipate something to do with rotating the tires or installation of the wheels - hubcentric spacers, lug torque, etc. Dig a little deeper - I don't think I would stop the diagnosis at brake discs.
Appreciate 0