03-20-2010, 10:21 PM   #14
edcvin
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 M5 | 2011 M3 | 2020 X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by smmmurf View Post

However, I gotta say that the $55-65k buys you other things besides straight line speed. And personally, modding isn't my thing. I like to leave things bone stock. The M3 is superior in so ways like chassis/suspension, interior seats/steering wheel/leather, and transmissions. The exterior looks like 10x better too with the aggressive fender flares and bumpers. The whole car is better than the 335i, but the 335i can obviously go much faster for fewer mod dollars. Not to mention actually having a limited slip differential from the factory. Just a better overall car... that's why it's more $$$.
DING!

I've definitely come to accept the M3 not being the fastest car on the road and the capability of other cars kicking its a$$. However, I driven the 335i on several occasions. Prior to driving the M3, I could swear there was nothing better than the 335i and my argument was "why buy an M3 when I could save dollars and mod the 335i that will smoke it". Today, if I get smoked buy a modded 335i or anything equivalent, so what. The feel of the m3 is so special, it really just doesnt matter to me.

-Vin
Appreciate 0