View Single Post
      03-20-2010, 08:50 PM   #10
smmmurf
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 DCT 353k+ miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post
Turbos are just easy and cheap to mod over a NA engine. i admire a NA engine and one that is tuned or modded more then a turbo. to each there own, but i could care less to own the 335 turbo no matter how fast it is. i love this NA engine in my M
Yeah but if you are modding for power a turbo motor is a much better platform. "Oh but mine is NA" is not a valid excuse after losing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanE92 View Post
It must SUCK spending $70 grand and getting smoked by a tuned 335i...I got 480 crank hp and still get 32mpg at 75mph crussing...screw the v8...
I agree with you in some ways... I think supercharging the M3 is totally retarded. SO many better cars to start with if all you want is maximum power... and blowing up an S65 is incredibly more expensive compared to blowing up a domestic V8 or turbo'd import.

However, I gotta say that the $55-65k buys you other things besides straight line speed. And personally, modding isn't my thing. I like to leave things bone stock. The M3 is superior in so ways like chassis/suspension, interior seats/steering wheel/leather, and transmissions. The exterior looks like 10x better too with the aggressive fender flares and bumpers. The whole car is better than the 335i, but the 335i can obviously go much faster for fewer mod dollars. Not to mention actually having a limited slip differential from the factory. Just a better overall car... that's why it's more $$$.

Last edited by smmmurf; 03-20-2010 at 08:56 PM..
Appreciate 0