View Single Post
      08-17-2008, 12:50 PM   #17
Krank
Wanabe M3 Driver
Rep
Drives: 740i (M3 Coupe soon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamr View Post
how many stone chips you picked up on that run, noticed a few trucks you passed???

but the E9x M is a monster of note ...

also im sure you had a full tank of gas before this drive ... lol!!!!
I put 2800 miles on the car before I had to load it on a boat and send it to Washington... and I found 7 stone chips, all on the lower front bumper. Ahhh, the price of going fast.

As for the gas... I had just filled up prior to the shooting of the video, which was shot on the way to the ring. The pictures were taken on the same stretch of Autobahn going the other way after 4 laps at the ring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLAYON View Post
It almost looks like you're about to hit that sign/cones merging into one lane at the end of the video. . .did you come close?
Nah, I was down to about 50MPH by the time I got to the cones and in full control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHADY1 View Post
Great video and pics, I can tell you made a stop at the food court to get something to drink prior to your video on the Autobahn Oh and by the way welcome back from down range glad you made it home safe, from one service member to another. Which Autobahn was you driving on?
Thank you. That was on A60, just north of Spangdahlem, the slow down at the cones is where A60 meets A61.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skierman64 View Post
I've been on that road and recognized it instantly. Awesome top speed video. I love the AAFES cup in the cup holder.

Did you continue up to the Nurburgring? It's under an hour from there at those speeds. I'd love to see some video from the ring with your car. If I was stationed at Spang, I'd be there every weekend.

Now lets see those ring videos.
Yes, I was heading to the ring. Was my first and last trip there in this car since I shipped the car shortly after this trip and PCS'd to Spokane, WA.

Funny thing about the Nurburgring... photography is prohibited on the track now. I did manage to get the first lap on Camera, but the officials made me remove the camera at the gate for the second lap. I tried to sneak the camera back onto the tripod for the 4th lap and they stopped me on the track and banned me for the rest of the year. So much for that 10 lap pass I bought.

I considered posting the first lap video, but deployments had kept me away from the ring for the last 2 years, and I couldn't remember the track for the life of me, so it is filled with horrible mis-calculations and the audio is a constant string of me making up excuses for being such a horrible driver. I even went off the track and across the grass at the blind decreasing radius left turn... I think it is called Adenaur Forst.

If you want a video to show people how NOT to drive the ring, I have it....

The picture shows the big rules board at the ticket office. I placed a white arrow at the line that prohibits cameras.
Attached Images