03-20-2011, 12:49 PM   #16
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

Quote:
Originally Posted by alefcole View Post
The PS3 are the replacement of the PS2, if you want a better tire get the PSS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
I have been told by a Michelin dealer that the Super Sports are the replacement for the PS2. The PS3 is more of a wet weather oriented performance tire. At least that's what I was told.
I talked to 3 different Michelin people at their booth at the 12 Hours of Sebring yesterday. They all said that the Super Sport is the direct replacement for the PS2, as it does everything the PS2 does while having much better tread life, wet weather performance, and will be priced at or below what the PS2 costs (they basically said that if anyone tries to charge you a premium for the PSS, tell them to go fuck themselves). A big part of the tire's appeal is that it gives 50% better tread life while not being any more expensive or forcing to have you give up performance. Also, they all said (I talked to them individually) that the PS3 is going to be marketed more for the European market and they aren't really promoting it here, hence why they weren't all too informed about it but they were able to say for certain that the PSS is the best tire they offer without stepping up to the Cups. Another thing they all said was PS2 < PSS << PSC.
Appreciate 0