10-11-2007, 07:12 PM   #91
Taittinger
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue E92

Garage List
2007 335i Cpe  [0.00]
I cannot see Alonso staying with McLaren...

At the apparent request of the Spanish motorsport federation, the FIA will assign an official exclusively to oversee the treatment dispensed by McLaren to both its drivers during the season-ending Brazilian Grand Prix.

Teammates Lewis Hamilton and Fernando Alonso will enter the decisive race separated by just four points, and amidst insinuations from the Spaniard that he was deliberately sabotaged by the squad in qualifying for the Japanese Grand Prix – Alonso was a significantly 0.7sec slower than Hamilton, and his front tires were later found to have been overinflated.

"Yes, it's true that the FIA will have a steward making sure that nothing wrong happens to Fernando, especially in qualifying, which is where there have been more complaints or strange situations in the last few Grands Prix," Spanish motorsport federation boss Carlos Garcia told his country’s AS newspaper.

"On October 3 I had a meeting with Max Mosley where I showed my concern over the situation that Fernando is going through, which is no secret, and he reassured me.

"Honestly I think the treatment in this final race of the season will be the same, and that there will be equality for both drivers,” he continued.

"It couldn't be any other way because it's what common sense calls for, as there is a Ferrari driver behind and the British team have to fight against the red cars, not against their drivers. Fernando must be calm."

'07 Monaco Blue 335i ordered 9/4 built 9/21 shipped 9/28 arrived 10/12 at dealership 10/18 vroom 10/19 christened 11/3...
Appreciate 0