View Single Post
      12-03-2010, 07:59 AM   #41
BKMK5
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 MB C43

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimabimmer View Post
No need to test drive M3, it will not disappoint you... and even if you test drove one prior to break in, you would not have the feel of the real deal (unless you test drove CPO)... M3 is unleashed fully after break in,- tires become smoother, engine is more aggressive and everything else just comes together...

I've gotten BMW without test driving first in past, and always was pleasantly surprized
Well atleast the OP test drove the car, but I 100% agree about being able to test drive an M3 thats 1) warmed up and 2) broken in.

Before purchasing mine(still waiting for it too ) I test drove 2 E92 M3's at different dealerships. The first dealership is where I bought my first BMW and thought they'd really love to earn my business back. Well 1) the words "European Delivery" automatically seemed to piss them off and 2) when asked for a test drive they gave me the run around about the cars being on loan from another dealership.

Finally the first dealer let me test drive the E92 at night (45* out) without warming up the car. Then when I was test driving it, he tried make me do 4 rights and pull it back into the dealer. HA! On top of that he told me to keep it below 4K and this was when the engine hadn't even warmed up yet and the tach was red lining at 6800.

The second dealer I went to, I called up and said I wanted a test drive and I want to see what it can do. The dealer asked me what time I planned on being there on Saturday; that he'd warm the car up for me and be ready when I got there. The second dealer was much nicer about the drive as it was a good 20 minute test drive and the wife and I both got to drive it. I still never brought the car up past 7K but could feel the power wasn't stopping!
Appreciate 0