View Single Post
      06-04-2008, 10:02 AM   #308
RobLS
Major
Rep
Drives: M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by edge350 View Post
I agree (except it's FLEURY). That was a terrible game to watch. Detroit outplayed us, whether you're looking at the statistics or momentum during the game. The third period felt like one long Detroit power play. Even in overtime, Detroit was better. Our goalie was better than their goalie, and that's the difference.

The goal to tie with under a minute left was a gift. We should have lost that game. Anything that happens after that goal, from the eventual win in game 5 to whatever happens in games 6 and 7, is a gift.

Who knows, we may see an entirely different Penguins team in the next two games (or a tired, aging Detroit team that's off a step). Malkin might make an appearance. As the expression goes, that's why they play the game.
Either way, we dodged a bullet in game 5.
I'm not a fan of either team, especially detroit, but man it was making me pissed that pitts couldnt even hold on to the puck most of the times when they went towards the offensive. It was an onslaught every time detroit came to the pitts side. It was the pitts. goalie that saved them and the reason they were able to win (in an amazing 3rd overtime!) was that they eventually tired the redwings down, and a power play was used to assist that. But I was really yelling at the TV, pass the F**KING puck!, you have guys going along and waiting for you, open! Then it gets taken by the wings again. So many things could have been better for the pitts if they stepped up. Just made me happy they one that game though. Down with redwings!
Appreciate 0