United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E60 535i + 06 E90 330i

Garage List
2008 535i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterSkiMask View Post
Step 1 find an agent that you like, ask a friend if they have one that they like. I found my last guy just by visiting an open house.

Step 2 get prequalified. Either go to the bank or ask your agent if there is a broker that is good.
A lot of Realtors prefer you to do these steps in reverse.

Always go with your gut when choosing a Realtor, stay away from buyers agent contracts forcing you to stay with a Realtor even if you are unhappy. A lot will say it is company policy. Just don't do it!

Be clear on your parameters and be as specific as possible. Let them know the area's or school districts you want to be in, number of bedrooms, bathrooms, garage space, square footage, anything that is important to you.

If a Realtor becomes impatient or pushy after showing you a few houses, move on to another Realtor. They work for you and are there to make the process smooth for you, not to push you into the first house they think you will buy.

Be patient, if you can't find something you love, wait. I've had buyers look for over a year before they found "the house".

I am a licensed Realtor, but only do it part time.
Appreciate 0