View Single Post
      03-15-2009, 02:27 PM   #97
ericpd
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 C32 AMG, 2009 CTS-V

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1234 View Post
I just sat in the CTS-V for the first time. The seat I sat in had almost no side bolster support. I didn't realize Cadillac offered seat options so I'm guessing (hoping) those were not the Recaro seats. $3,400 is a lot extra to have to spend to get decently supporting seats in a sports sedan that's advertised as having world class handling. I don't know how useful world class handling is if you can't stay in your seat?
Actually, the Ricaro option contains some other important performance stuff,... not just seats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1234 View Post
Other than that it was a nice car. I thought the quality, materials, fit and finish, ets... was on par with BMW, Audi and Lexus. They are all different but not in a night/day or good/bad sort of way.

Personally, now that I've seen both I wouldn't trade my M3 for the Cadillac but there's a buyer for every car. It wouldn't surprise me if someone preferred the Cadillac's obvious objective advantages (power, price, size) or even the subjective choice it offers given it's in the same price range as our M3s.
Yeah,... I too was surprised at the fit-n-finish coming from this American offering. I'm coming from the AMG family, so like you I found the interior quality in line with the German,... in some areas a notch up, especially compared to the C63. Which I found a little on the plasticky and cheesy side. When I sat inside the M3, I thought that was well done. But I urge you to drive the CTS-V. Sitting in one is one thing,... driving it is another. For me, the M3 lacked the kick-n-da-pants acceleration offer by the C63, and the CTS-V bested that. I think it's ability to dance in the twisties will surprise you. I did me! And as far as price goes, well that's the only reason it is compared with the M3 and C63. GM would rather have it compared to the M5 and E63, but they are two totally different buying demos in my opinion. But choosing the CTS-V allowed me to keep my C32, which was a good thing. So for the first time in life, I can be like some of you guys and claim ownership or two highly coveted performance cars,... at the same time. LOL!
Appreciate 0