View Single Post
      05-22-2010, 08:48 PM   #224
JB135i
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i

I got a few (laggy) 4 v 4 games in before the servers all went to hell.

MUCH more fun than 2 v 2, at least if you not are playing 2+ protoss.

I really don't care what some of you guys say, Void Rays are still OP'd for their cost and time to build. They are almost without fail the unit of choice for toss players. And looking at the gameplay forums I am not alone in my opinion. Once in a blue moon some go sentries, I think out of boredom LOL. The really bored toss players go Templars.

Been playing random here. I have gotten some good results with Zerg in a few games, but my once fave unit the Roach got nerf'd to holy hell with the increase in food needed. They are really fun units though, bye bye opponents' economy if you can get them in. Muta/Hydra masses can be a terror if you can get an expo or two going. Infestors could be such a fun unit, but they are such monsters (in size) the opponents just FF on them instantly.

About the only Terran unit that is worth a shit is the Siege Tank, that's if you fight a bored toss (see above). Tanks leave Zerg smears all over the map, it's so easy it's not even fun. I take that back, Banshee's can be fun harrasment units too. Yeh sure MMM is effective but geebus, I can't take cookie cutter strats. Nukes are fun, but meh, emp is fun but the radii is too small, sniper = just stupid. I think the sniper is only in for those rotten ass single player missions when you don't get to build anything, god I hate those.

Still a fun game, but the balance is still a disappointment. Toss = Rays * Zerg = Muta/Hydra if they live long enough * Terran = MMM.

The saving grace for me may be 4 v 4 because there is enough variability with 8 players that you get to do some different stuff sometimes. 1 v 1 you basically have to do the safe strat or you die, same with 2 v 2. No 3 v 3 games in yet...servers crashed.
Appreciate 0