Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron************ View Post
Sorry but are you familiar with suspension? There are negative consequences to just a spring, shock absorbers do tend to fail quickly because they can't cope with such a narrow and harsh range of compression and rebound stroke. Your car will suffer from bump steer (when the car jumps sideways mid-corner when it hits a bump or dip in road) this happens when your suspension will bottom out (there will literally not be available travel) and contacts the bump stops with every road imperfection. Oh another thing you will need to get your car aligned afterwards as it needs to be set back to where it should be.
I'm sorry - where's your M3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by busman76 View Post
Thanks for the info. How does wheel spacer affect this whole situation. If I lower the vehicle with h&r and add wheels spacer 12 in front and 10 rear? Can I expect rubbing issues? I am just running the stock 18" wheels and tires for now. Sorry just a noob with a few questions here.
Stock M3s benefit from a 12/15mm spacer setup just fine. here's a recent install on factory 18s on H&Rs:

Vehicle is equipped with 15mm/10mm spacers, 12mm will be a bit more aggressive.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0