View Single Post
      09-13-2011, 09:00 PM   #9
BKMK5
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 MB C43

I did PCD after the ED for my '11 M3 and it was great.

Free hotel, dinner and breakfast on BMW and transportation from the airport and to the Performance Center.

Skid pad exercise was fun. Glad i got to push the 335i to the limits to see how the DSC works.

Braking within the cones and exiting to avoid a 'crash' was informative as I never really go 50MPH and slam on the brakes 100% and steer out of the way of danger.

Never been on a track before and being able to drive their M3's while being taught some techniques was fun. It was also nice knowing your romping on their car and not yours. The only thing I wished they had let us do was pass people and open up the course a bit. But it has made me want to do an M driving school or do that Nurburgring school if they do that again!

Factory tour was cool I suppose. I had been on the factory tour in Munich 2 months prior so it wasn't much different except I got to see a bunch of S65's being made(made in Munich and get shipped to Regensburg).

The X5 off road experience was awesome. I enjoyed it. My wife, not so much. I suppose who ever drove had a great time, the passenger was terrified. It was also the first time I drove an X5, I would consider it when we look for 'trucks' after my wifes G37 goes back.

Then we had lunch. Shrimp and grits was ok. Not the best I've ever had but good. All the drinks, snacks you want are on them. I ended up going back for 3 Redbulls and they didnt mind as I had an 8 hour drive ahead of me.

Hot laps in the M5 were awesome. Also the first time in an E60 M5 and it was awesome! The dude took me around by myself and it was just a great time over all.
SOLD-2011.5 ///M3 Sedan ZCP
SOLD-2008 E90 335i Sport
Appreciate 0