View Single Post
      02-28-2011, 06:57 PM   #48
bruce.augenstein@comcast.
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
You, me, this forum and the majority of the automotive journalists agree that dual clutch transmissions should be called automated manuals (or just simply dual clutch). I've also corrected your statement above using bold.
You've "corrected" "shifts itself" to "Can shifts itself"? Shall I now correct you by eliminating the extra "s"?

In point of fact, as with any auto (dating back to that '41 Olds "Hydramatic"), it shifts itself, or you can manually shift it. Plus of course it has two pedals instead of three. I continue to call it an automatic (just like all those other designs), but I don't mind a bit if you call it something else. Just try not to flash your nomenclature badge all over the place. You lack authority.

Quote:
Perhaps you can explain the essential difference between pulling a paddle and pushing a lever and pulling a lever at the same time? Wow those things are REALLY different...
I have no damn idea what this paragraph means. Really.

Quote:
I have no glitches in my DCT. Sure it shifts a bit slow and clutching can be odd when cold (even here in CA). Other than that with the latest software it pretty darn well flawless. Also - it does not take any "adjustment" period.
The one I drove was fine when you were chasing after it (spectacular, in fact), but not very smooth on takeoff, or in slow-speed shifting. I continue to read about folks who have hesitation problems (reluctance to pick a gear) at very low speeds.
Appreciate 0